Agrotechnology programme emphasizes the need to increase food production and security through technology-based management of the agriculture industry, productivity improvement and competitiveness. The essence of the programme is to promote sustainable and precision farming through the latest technology inputs which strengthens the links between agriculture-related agencies, explores the sources of food supply from the vast natural resourc- es sustainably.
UMK offers a Bachelor of Applied Science (Agrotechnology) with Honours. This programme has duration of eight (8) semesters with a total of 122 minimum credits for graduation credit. Specific goal of this program are to:
• Diversifying the agricultural sector, while supporting activities related to agrotechnology.
• Generate 'hands on' and lifelong learning gradu- ates: knowledge and skills to explore new industry based on the challenge of agriculture business.
• Meet the needs of the workforce required in the agriculture and manufacturing industries especially in the production of food from agriculture sources.
• Will be the foundation of successful entrepreneurial activity.
This programme aims to produce graduates :
• Who could apply their knowledge, skills and experience in animal husbandry while at the same time enhanced knowledge through research and development.
• Who are capable to analyze current issues and capable to find solutions and make creative and innovative decisions when handling problems faced in the animal husbandry and in entrepreneurial development of agro industry.
• With an intellectual capacity able to address issues and problems creatively, communicate effectively while at the same time imbued with social responsibility and above all morally upright.