Animal Husbandry Science is the key to the development of agro-based industry in Malaysia. Livestock industry has been established in our country and has contributed significantly to economic development. Various types of livestock have the potential to be further developed. Among them are ruminants like cattle and goats and others as well as aquatic animals such as fish and various crustaceans. Animal Husbandry Science program is blended with the elements of entrepreneurships as well. This will support the National Agriculture Policy in order to commercialize agricultural products and increase in food production.
UMK offers a Bachelor of Applied Science (Animal Husbandry Science) with Honours. This programme has duration of eight (8) semesters with a total of 124 minimum credits for graduation credit. Specific goal of this program are to:
• Diversifying the agricultural sector, while supporting activities related to health and veterinary medicine.
• Generate hands on and lifelong learning gradu- ates: knowledge and skills to explore new industry based on the challenge of animal science. • Meet the needs of the workforce required in the agriculture and manufacturing industries especially in the production of food from animal sources.
• Will be the foundation of successful entrepreneurial activity.
This programme aims to produce graduates :
• Who could apply their knowledge, skills and experience in animal husbandry while at the same time enhanced knowledge through research and development
• Who are capable to analyze current issues and capable to find solutions and make creative and innovative decisions when handling problems faced in the animal husbandry and in entrepreneurial development of agro industry.
• With an intellectual capacity able to address issues and problems creatively, communicate effectively while at the same time imbued with social responsibility and above all morally upright.
Program Structure (F20 intake)