Integrate your passion in science and your creativity to innovate new agro-based products by joining the Product Development Technology Programme to make your innovative ideas into a business ready product!
Bachelor of Applied Science (Product Development Technology) with Honours is a technology-based programme offered for undergraduates who are interested in learning various aspects of agro-product developments from scientific research on the raw materials and processing technology, to market-ready products which involve product design, packaging and labelling, product registration and management. The programme structure emphasizes on producing well-rounded graduates that have knowledge and skills to innovate new agro-based products particularly the food and beverages, as well as non-food products such as cosmetics and agro-waste products that meet the required standards prior to commercialisation. Graduates from this programme are exposed to and trained with various entrepreneurial skills such as communication, teamwork and leadership that help them to establish their own business. Knowledge and skills in product agro product development also have been acknowledged as one of the national critical occupational skills that can provide better job opportunities in both government and private sectors.
UMK offers a Bachelor of Applied Science (Product Development Technology) with Honours. This programme has a duration of eight (8) semesters with a total of 122 minimum credits. Specific goals of this programme are to:
• Produce graduates with the skills and expertise to develop products starting from identifying the raw materials used in the product development that will ensure success in the market.
• Produce graduates who can produce products through creative thinking and are innovative in proposing a design that could be developed, meet the standards, unique and has added value.
• Meet the needs of the industry in manufacturing products through the production of valuable commercial products for food and non-food industries.
• Emphasize product development through research leading to lifelong learning in the production of latest product design which follows trend, needs and preferences of the user.
This programme aims to produce graduates:
• Who can demonstrate an understanding of product development knowledge and skills to design products in food, cosmetic and biopharmaceutical.
• Who can analyse the current status and able to review the decision-making solutions by being innovative and creative through scientific thinking skills in preparation to create an efficient natural resource-based industry with added and commercial values.
• Who can apply knowledge, technical skills and experience in the development of a product with a focus on determining the method of problem solving in product development according to current needs.
For more info, kindly email to email@example.com, we will reply you with 24 hours, or message us at https://www.facebook.com/umkfiat